Thursday, May 11, 2023

South Africa, day 6: Keynote Address

I was up by 6 am (easy to do, since I went to bed a bit after 9 pm!). I practiced my presentation and timed it at 25 minutes exactly. Right on target!

I think it went very well--the audience reactions indicated they were engaged. And when I showed a few breech birth videos at the end, they were captivated. I think we may have some significant movement in breech training in South Africa by 2024.

The big challenge will be securing funding, as the local economy will not allow most places to pay USD prices for our training. But with some persistence, I hope we can write grants and find private foundations willing to support this effort.

I don't have any interesting pictures from today, unfortunately!

I came home to an apartment with electricity. Wow! It's going off in 20 minutes and I will likely go to bed soon after.

I managed a decent dinner: grilled haloumi cheese, a croissant with parmesan & cured ham, half an avocado with salt & pepper, and a handful of pistachios. And of course some 85% dark chocolate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...