Thursday, May 25, 2023

French apartment renovations, Days 688-689: The (other) Freezes have arrived!

Eric's parents arrived this afternoon. We get 3 weeks with them--so lucky! They oohed and aahed over Le Château and I felt like a proud mama showing off her baby. Before they came, we managed to install the hand rail going up the stairs.



Also here are pictures of the new (to us) bed...




the desk with 2 fresh coats of shellac...


the chair, also with fresh shellac...


We ordered the quartz countertops and backsplashes today from a DIY place that cuts everything to order and then you install yourself. I've never installed solid countertops like quarts or granite, but I'm sure we can figure it out!

Honestly measuring precisely will probably have been the hardest part of the job. Installation seems easy--glue onto the plywood or walls and then fill the joints with matching silicone.

I went running this morning. My fitness tracker has started miscalculating distances--I know because I run the exact same route and now it's telling me it's a half mile longer! So now I can't trust it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...