Thursday, May 17, 2007

Judit's Birth Story

One of my friends Judit, a regular commenter here, recently had her baby! Read all about it here: Life with Magda.

(Her story has lots of nude laboring pictures, so it isn't work appropriate, obviously!).

Judit had considered UC, but felt more drawn to hiring a midwife as her pregnancy progressed. She made her desires for an autonomous, undisturbed birth very clear, and the midwife respected that. I think you'll find her story quite inspiring!

Some of my favorite parts:
  • her experience getting the baby to turn vertex
  • her descriptions of pain and laboring alone at night
  • how she KNEW she had to get her baby out quickly at the end
  • how baby Magda managed to come on the day of her husband's comprehensive exams: good timing, right??
Anyway enough of my own commentary. Now go read the birth story!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! That was an absolutely beautiful story. I am so glad to have finally heard her story. I've been curious about it since I heard she had her baby. The detail of her feelings and impressions and how she dealt with the pain was wonderful. Yeah for Judit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...