Saturday, March 23, 2024

Birthday prep!

We made chocolate frogs, a few dozen cupcakes, and a 3-layer birthday cake this morning. I'd like to get the marzipan sculpting done next for the sorting hats and the baby mandrakes, but I haven't yet bought the pâte d'amande.


I spray painted 100 large decorative nails and our iron door knocker. I started with a dark gray hammered paint, then lightly dusted with black spray paint just to add a bit of depth, then finished with a clear matte laquer. I think it will look good. I wanted to avoid plain black as it looks a bit tacky and too "new."

Ivy had a soccer game today and Eric said it was one of her best games in terms of how well she played. Her team won 8-1! She scored one goal and did many assists.

Inga babysat again this morning for 2 hours. She had so much fun with the two girls, ages 1 and 5. She video called me at one point. "Mama, I have a dirty diaper. What do I do?" It was sooo messy! I walked her through how to change the diaper.

Inga spent the afternoon with her friend, who just got a pet rabbit. They went to a pet store and then went to her house to play with the rabbit.

After Ivy got home, the rest of us, plus our guest, went to the beach to read and relax. Ivy swam of course!


Eric made flat beans and 2 kinds of quiche for dinner. We went on a walk with our guest while the kids watched more Doctor Who. He let the kids stay up late to watch a women's soccer game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...