Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Last day of grandparents...

We had to say goodbye tonight since they are leaving at 4:30 am tomorrow. They'll be back next January! My dad is already eager for the next renovation project (kitchen).

We got the new front door hung today and the latch plate installed. Now to decorate it and turn it from boring to amazing. We cut and fit a new threshold. I'll start working on finishing it tomorrow. In my copious free time of course.

Ivy and my mom came with me for a quick trip to my favorite consignment store in the hopes of finding some antique door knobs. No luck. But on the way home, we stopped to watch the demolition at the Acropolis. It was so much fun! I want to go back and bring a bucket of popcorn. It is really that entertaining.


Ivy is prepping for her 11th birthday party, which will be Harry Potter themed. Today she painted a brick wall for her friends to run through (Platform 9 3/4). I think it turned out amazing! 



We have already printed out scrolls on tea-stained paper, wrote an invisible mesage with UV ink on top of the invitations, sealed the scrolls with sealing wax and a velvet ribbon, and attached a ticket to the Hogwarts Express. She also made a stack of envelopes and sealed them with sealing wax, for decoration the day of the party.

Next up: making the chocolate frogs and boxes and creating labels for the food and "potions." I'm sure her list is much longer than this one!

I helped my dad start making a website. He does backflow testing and wants to get more of an online presence. I think he has the hang of it now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...