Friday, March 01, 2024

Chamonix ski week, Day 6: Change of plans...and back in Nice!

We originally planned on skiing a half day and then driving back to Nice in the afternoon/evening so that Eric could be in to prepare for the soccer team he is bringing to Nice. But...we woke up to rain! It was probably snowing higher up, but there was zero visibility on the ski cameras. So we decided to just pack up and head home in the morning. We were on the road before 10 am. I'm glad we did; it gave us some time to unpack and settle in.

I drove in our car with Eric, Dio, and Zari. We got home at least an hour earlier than my parents and Ivy and Inga. They had more stops, plus Ivy puked, plus my mom was driving a bit slower (understandably--it's in a foreign country and it was raining).

Right when we got home, I built some big shelves in our basement storage area so we could put our cartop carrier and all of the skis up on the shelf and off the floor, making more room for our bikes. I got the whole thing done, with some help from my dad!

We have loads of laundry to do...so many things to put away...

Oh, and tomorrow morning we will officially have THREE teenagers because it's Inga's birthday! How did that happen?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...