Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Hike, cook, eat, walk, eat

I went on a hike to Eze with my friend and her daughter. We were on a schedule because we had to get back for a lunch reservation. But we did the whole hike up and down, plus visited the botanical gardens, and still got home on time.

We all hustled to put together a lemon cheesecake before our lunch appointment. We chopped, smashed, zested, mixed, and stirred like mad and got it in the oven right as we were heading out the door. Eric took care of turning the oven off 🙂


Lunch was delicious of course. Then we walked home, changed, and walked over to my bank to help my friend get started with setting up an account. We hit the typical French resistance ("it's not possible, go away" in so many words) but then with some more talking, it all became possible. It's magic!

We also had to walk to a hardware store. I am still on the hunt for some kind of finish that will darken wood without making it look horrible. I have already tried 3 types of stain and they were all ugly. I think I found a winner; it's a treatment that gives wood age and patina.

Anyway we had dinner (fajitas, thank you mom!) and then lemon cheesecake, which had barely cooled enough to set up.

Oh, and our fridge broke today. It's only 3 years old and we've already had it repaired like 6 times. The part is arriving in a week (assuming it's the right part).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...