Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Laila Ali blogs about her birth plans

From Laila Ali's website:

19-Jul-08
I'm Having a Natural, Home Birth!

A little while back, I wrote that I had some exciting news to share. Well, guess what? I have decided that I am going to have a natural home-birth! That's right, I am going to have my son in my own home with no medications. Curtis Jr. will be delivered by a midwife.

I did a lot of research before I made the decision. Like most women, I didn't know that there were so many different birthing options. I thought I had to get an OBGYN and give birth at the hospital. Once I got a hold of Ricki Lake's documentary called THE BUSINESS OF BEING BORN (thebusinessofbeingborn.com) and as soon as I watched the DVD, I knew home-birth was for me. I was so thankful that I learned that it was an option before it was too late. I want to be in full control of my body and give birth to my son the same way women have been doing for thousands of years. Our bodies were made to birth and I trust the process. I encourage all women to educate themselves on all of the options available when it comes to having a child whether it is in a hospital or at home.

Read the rest...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...