Friday, June 10, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 534: Prehistoric jewelry and pizza on the beach

14,836 steps

This morning was a nice change of pace. I accompanied Ivy's class on a field trip to Terra Amata, a museum of prehistoric hominid settlements here in Nice. It's built on an excavation site right near the port. It's a small museum and we visited just a few of the exhibition rooms.



Then we got to the fun part--making jewelry with prehistoric tools! We learned how to rub seashells against rocks in the right spot to pierce holes. I've always wondered how they did it...


It's funny how doing something so non-exerting makes me so tired. My body decided that it was naptime right in the middle of when our guide was explaining about prehistoric art (which was very interesting). But no...interesting or not, my body did not agree.

After lunch we made another trip to the dechetterie. I think that will be our last trip until the very very end. I hope. The only big thing that will generate some waste will be installing the wooden ceiling. And I suppose we'll have a few wood scraps from putting in the wood floors.

We also ordered windows (thanks to Comrade, who gave us his wholesale discount). We only had time for an hour of work before school pickup. I did some sanding and lots of vacuuming. We have loads of dust and at some point it all needs to go. Ideally before we start painting.

Ivy and I went to the beach after school. At Eric's urging, we ordered pizza for dinner although ironically only 2 of the 6 of us were there. Dio and Inga were with friends, Eric was spearfishing, and Zari had soccer practice. Eventually we all made it back home.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...