Monday, June 13, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 537: Bikes and lawyers

4,408 steps but many km on the bike

I had to keep quiet this morning because, after I started vacuuming in the Communist apartment, one of our neighbors yelled from across the street that her son was ill and couldn't sleep. I had the windows closed but they are very thin and one of the panes is missing and covered with a tarp.

So I did more electrical hookups (outlets) and other quiet tasks.

I took Inga and Ivy to the coulee verte after they ate lunch. I hadn't eaten yet, and then I had to drop them off and get things ready for an afternoon meeting with an attorney we are hiring. It was on the other side of the Baie des Anges, right by the airport. We decided to bike as it was just as fast on bike as on the tram. It was fun to be out in the sun and wind.

The attorney was great--very friendly, very knowledgeable and efficient. She kept making shocked exclamations about how messed up our AC installation was. She's going to do some investigations, gather more information, and then propose a plan of action on Friday.

Meanwhile we have to go to a "huissier de justice" tomorrow to make a "constat" about some of the major problems with the install (noteably the discrepancy between the brand quoted on the estimate vs. the brand installed).

We got home at 3:45 pm, at which point I finally got to eat for the first time today. I do intermittent fasting every day anyway, but this was longer than I usually go. No big deal, though. Hunger comes in waves so it was probably just as intense at 1 pm as when I got home.

I cooked steamed cauliflower, roasted potatoes, and cassoulet for dinner, with quick mango ice cream for dessert (frozen mangoes blended with cream and a tiny bit of sugar).

Piano lessons finished off our evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...