Sunday, June 12, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 536: Memories

7,096 steps

Inga wasn't feeling well this morning, so I stayed home with her. It might have been her sunburn from yesterday, or maybe that she was exhausted from an all-day tournament in the heat, plus she had a runny nose. She got to watch the movie that the other kids watched yesterday. I had to keep explaining what was happening, but she really liked it.

I'm nearly done with my Amish breech manual. Phew. I'm ready to get that sent off to the printers and on to the next project. I photographed and edited doll & pelvis photos for the manual. We're usually standing in front of a camera or a live audience so I had to recreate the things we demonstrate.



We had a fun discussion at dinner about the kids' earliest memories in general and earliest memories in France.
  • Zari (age 2.5): getting lost in Alberta during a family reunion, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Going to Disneyworld right before she turned 3.
  • Dio (just over 2): the horse hitching posts at our old brick house, the little one we lived in until just after Inga was born
  • Inga (just over 2): splitting her head open and getting stitches back in the USA, her nursing cake at age 2
  • Ivy (just over 2): going to Corsica (the ferry boat, the pool in the hotel next door, the spider crab that Eric caught) and Burgundy (going on a bike ride; she was on my back in an Ergo)

Eric, Ivy, and I went for a swim this afternoon. The water was clear and deliciously refreshing. Yet again we couldn't convince the others to come. Their loss...

We watched Waterman tonight. Good movie.

I didn't realize this until I was giving Zari a back massage tonight, but she's done with school! The last few weeks are for the older students taking their big exams. I think Dio will get out a week or two early as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...