Saturday, June 11, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 535: Supercharged Saturday

8,937 steps

I woke up before everyone else before 6 am. So much for sleeping in on Saturday. I was worried that I had missed the alarm for Eric and Inga; they had a 7 am departure for a soccer tournament. But no, I still had a while before I had to wake them up.

Zari also was up at 6:30 because she was taking part in a ceremony to honor 5 students from Nice who were killed during WWII. They held the ceremony at the place where they were killed, about 2 hours away. She got to read a tribute that she had written in their honor.

That left me with Ivy and Dio. I let them take their time eating breakfast while I did some breech work, and then Ivy and I went downstairs to keep stripping the finish off the Renaissance desk. I was going to ask Dio to help, but I noticed he was reading a book and I let him keep reading. (He's not been much of a reader, much to the great consternation of Zari.) Ivy worked like a champ. It's ready enough that I can now apply woodworm treatment.

Inga's team played against all boy teams. They came in 5th, which at least wasn't dead last. Eric took a picture of her in the little town they were playing in, Besse-sur-Issole.


After lunch I took the 2 kids on a walk/scooter ride to the marine supply store on the far side of the yacht. I have a brass porthole mirror that's missing the hinge pin. They were able find hardware the worked. It was HOT! We kept pouring water on ourselves.

We relaxed and cool off back home and watched a movie: The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. I wanted to take a quick trip to the beach, but I ran out of time. I had to make dinner before a 6 pm breech live session.

Zari came back halfway through the movie, and Eric and Inga came home near the end of the live session.

A busy day for all of us! I was able to lie on the couch and read The Pull of the Stars, a novel set in a Dublin maternity ward during the Spanish Flu pandemic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...