Thursday, June 30, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 554: Windows into the sea

We now have an underwater observation station in Le Catamaran. I have one porthole more to install--the great big huge bronze one. That will go in the living room.





I ran errands in the morning and had a rehearsal mid-afternoon for a wedding this Saturday. One of my affected fingertips is my first finger on my violin hand. I didn't realize how bad it was until I tried playing. As soon as the raw, open spot hit the string, my hand involuntarily flinched backwards and I yelped out loud.

I managed to make it through the rehearsal with a combination of shifting all over the place to avoid using my first finger (nearly impossible) and by flattening my finger to avoid the sore spot. This only worked some of the time.

Afterwards I talked with the woman in charge and she told me that she could find a replacement if needed. I took her up on the offer because I don't think my finger will be healed in two days.

Such a tiny little wound with huge consequences!

I also got my IUD replaced today. Yay and ugh. At least I don't have to think about it for another 7+ years...I went 9 years with my last Mirena after consulting with a few OBs about the evidence on how long I could reasonably go past the officially approved 5 years. And then I stretched that a bit further because of Covid and, you know, life.

Today just wore me out, and that was without doing any renovating except to hang up the portholes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...