Thursday, June 23, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 547: Lungs, olympics, jellyfish

11,977 steps

I brought Zari to an appointment with a pulmonologist. I expected it would be in a private office (very common here in France), but the doctor was housed in a hospital. Lucky for us, since she had all the equipment to test Zari's lung functions.

Zari went into an airtight glass cabinet and breathed into a special device, first fast and shallow and then long and deep.

Good news: she's perfectly healthy with perfect lung fuction. Based on her symptoms, the doctor agreed that her issue is likely exercise-induced bronchospasms and prescribed an inhaler to be used prior to intense exercise.

The doctor said, "I wish all of my patients were like you. I would make my job so much easier."

I asked, "So has Covid changed the things you see in your practice?"

"Yes, it's been a catastrophe."

The clinic was next to the Russian Orthodox church, so we took a quick trip to look inside. Zari has never been there before. She remarked that there are so many varieties of Christianity in the world that it's hard to even call them the same religion.


Our walk to these places took place in a light rain. I enjoyed it because it's so warm that getting wet felt good.

Inga and Ivy's school had a big sports day to celebrate the 2024 Olympics coming to Paris. They ran 2,024 meters up at the chateau. Both of them requested Ada Hegerberg hairstyles.



I took lost of doll & pelvis pictures this morning for breech simulation flash cards. Ivy's Cavigal jacket doubled as a cervix trapping an aftercoming head.



The new sander inferace pad arrived, so I could finally sand the walls today. I almost finished; there's probably 30 minutes of sanding left tomorrow. Then a few little touchups...and then we can PAINT!

I very much needed a swim after all of the walking and renovating. Oh, I got stung by a jellyfish for the first time in my life. I was even keeping an eye out and never saw it, even after it stung me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...