Friday, June 17, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 541: Chaperoning & IUDs

14,962 steps

I chaperoned Inga's class to the community swimming pool, an arduous 4-block trek through the Old Town. Chaperones weren't allowed to stay during the swim lesson, so I ran some errands and came back an hour later.

I got Inga enrolled in middle school and by then it was time to pick the girls up for lunch. Normally Eric does this, but he was gone all day at the James Baldwin conference.

I took them to the park after lunch. All of the benches in the shade were taken, so I stood up and read a book while they played. It was hot today. I was very much looking forward to our after-school swim.

I had an appointment after lunch to change my IUD--what fun. I already had the first appointment/consult last month. But I showed up today and learned that I'm supposed to buy the IUD beforehand at the pharmacy and bring it with me! Oops. I apologized and rescheduled, prescription in hand.

And that after-school swim was as lovely as I had imagined. Ivy and Inga came. Dio was at a friend's house and Zari was at soccer practice. She has an enormous blood blister underneath one of her big toes. I've never seen one before.

Eric came home around 7 pm totally exhausted. He went for a pick-me-up swim and felt much better after.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...