Saturday, October 08, 2022

Guadalajara Breech Conference, Day 1

16,710 steps

I woke up way too early, just after 6 am, despite a late bedtime. I read in bed then got to work on my presentations. There are always more things to tweak.

I met up with a birthworker friend who I've known for probably 15 years online. For the first time, we actually saw each other in person! We met at the Bosque Los Colomos park and had a lovely few hours walking briskly through the forests and gardens.



On our way out, we bought mangos con chile estilo México, which was AMAZING. Fresh mangoes with a lime-chili sauce and a sprinkling of salt.

I had lunch with one of the conference organizers and my two co-presenters. We had tortas ahogadas, a traditional Guadalajaran pork sandwich that's swimming in a spicy broth. I managed to keep it off my white shirt.


Then the conference began with Dr. Chavira presenting first: "El parto pélvico: Un arte en peligro de extinción" (Vaginal breech birth: An art in danger of extinction). I love his blend of humor and storytelling.





After a brief break, it was my turn to present on the evidence on vaginal breech birth as well as physiological breech birth. We ended shortly before 8 pm. Not even a half day and I was exhausted (in a good way).

A big group of us went to eat at a restaurant that served a certain type of street food, typically cooked in people's kitchens and served right in their dining rooms. This was a "fancy" version of those same foods, being in a real restaurant. I had:
  • Pozole con carne (hominy and pork soup)
  • Sopes de picadillo (corn sope topped with minced meat)
  • Ate de Membriollo con queso de adobera (quince jam with local cow's cheese)
That's it for my day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...