Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Salt Lake City breech workshop, naked dolls, and naked hot tubbing in the moonlight

I have such a weird and interesting life.

My OB colleague and I arrived at 7:30 at the Miracle Midwifery birth center in Layton, a small birth center with one birth suite. We were anticipating 28 people but were a few short due to the inevitable: midwives getting called away to births! I had a lovely time and was completely exhausted by 6 pm. Teaching is both invigorating and draining. I packed up and said goodbye to my colleague--he is teaching another day tomorrow to a smaller group.

Then I headed to my friend's house in Cottonwood Heights, near the canyons that go upinto the big ski resorts (Brighton, Alta, and Snowbird). One of her little children met me at the door and immediately spied my fetal doll. "Oh, you have a doll!! And she's NAKED!?! I will get her some clothes!" She ran off and fetched a dress so now my fetal doll model is sporting a sun dress.


I dropped off my bags and we headed out to a sushi and tapas restaurant, which was fantastic. One of her friends and teenage son joined us for a few minutes, and later on one of her college-age daughters joined us to finish off what was left of dinner.

I was beyond exhausted and thought I might head straight to bed after dinner--it was quite late to my body's clock, which was 2 hours ahead of local time. But then my friend asked if I wanted to go in her hot tub. Sign me up! And then she said we could either put on swimsuits or go naked. Of course I chose to go naked.

We stayed out in the tub, soaking in the water and moonlight. It sounds idyllic but the tub hadn't been covered that day and the water was just 95°F/35°C (lower than body temperature). By the end I was shivering, but the conversation was so good that I didn't want to get out.

Hoping for more naked hot tubbing tomorrow night--this time in hot water!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...