Thursday, October 06, 2022

Guadalajara!

I had a smooth transit to Guadalajara, leaving my friend's house shortly after 9 am and arriving to my airbnb by 6 pm. The conference organizers stocked the apartment with some food, so I didn't have to go out and find something. I was tired and had a lot of work to do. I was grateful to be able to stay in.

My other two colleagues arrive either very late in the night or very early in the morning. The conference itself starts mid-afternoon tomorrow, so I'll have some time to walk around town in the morning.

The city has almost 1.5 million people, but it's really over 5 million in the entire metro area.

After dinner, a big rainstorm rolled through. This apartment opens into three interior open-air courtyards, so the sound of rain surrounded me on all sides. I suspect the roof is tin or galvanized steel, based on how loud the rain was!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...