- Mainstreaming Midwives: The Politics of Change
- Vaginal Politics: A Midwife Story
- Birthing Autonomy: Women's Experiences of Home Births
- At work in the Field of Birth
- Husband-Coached Childbirth
- Birth Crisis
- Born in Zion by Carol Balizet (really, really wacky stuff. It took me years to find a copy; the library finally had to order it from the Library of Congress).
- Performing (your own) childbirth: Issues of sexuality and identity in online narratives of unassisted home birth (2002 MA thesis by Amy Donelle Schriefer, George Washington University).
- Lying-In: A History of Childbirth in America
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I read the whole 500-page book in one day. I haven't read a lot of vampire lit, other than Sunshine (which has some mouthwatering food scenes and some butt-kicking vampire slaying). The writing in Twilight was okay, but the story was riveting. Now to get my hands on the other 3 books in the series...