Thursday, September 18, 2008

My first publication!

I've been working on an article with three other co-authors about why women choose home birth. My role was more behind-the-scenes; I supplied the data for the article and some grammatical/stylistic suggestions to the written manuscript. Anyway, we received this notice today:
"Staying Home to Give Birth: Why Women in the United States Choose Home Birth" has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health. Your article will appear in the Mar/Apr 2009 issue of JMWH.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Go Rixa!

    How are you feeling, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. As you can see, I forgot to read further before commenting. Sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read it!! Were able to use any of Elaine Witt's study?

    Congrats. I am sure it feels good.
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a pleasure to watch you grow as a scholar, Rixa. Congratulations! So I'm too lazy to do the math, but who should arrive first? Baby or article?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Article should arrive first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to reading it. That's the nice thing about having access to a university with electrionic journals. Update us when its out okay?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...