Saturday, September 20, 2008

Those darned Swiss...

While Americans are busy freaking out over a bit of skin that might or might not be showing due to breastfeeding, one Swiss chef has decided to serve meals cooked with breastmilk. He first started experimenting with breastmilk after the birth of his daughter and shared the following technical hint:

"One can cook really delicious things with it. However, it always needs to be mixed with a bit of whipped cream, in order to keep the consistency."

I think this is the perfect solution to America's anxiety over breastfeeding. Just add it to a few restaurants' menus, and all the controversy will shift away from those indecent nursing mothers who have the gall to nurse in public!

ps--I love the picture featured with the article.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it Rixa -and how DO you find these articles?!

    I would go - just for shock value, if not taste. My dh was so wonderful while I was nursing to simply say 'don't ask, don't tell' when I mentioned a shot of breastmilk in his drink might stave off a cold if he was showing symptoms... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take no credit for finding this one. A friend of mine from my graduate student days sent me the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome! I guess one aspect of capitalism is that you you make something expensive & exclusive people will respect it more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I saw that the other day, too! Great idea- I've actually done that for enrichment. :) No one knew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And this just in today:

    http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html

    PETA is asking Ben and Jerry's to use human breast milk in their ice cream. I don't know about you, but that will take a lot of women to produce the nation's ice cream supply.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...