Thursday, April 02, 2020

French quarantine day 14

10,139 steps

Today was...ugh. I felt frustrated and melancholic and then ashamed at feeling that way. I mean--we're healthy and Eric hasn't lost his job and we're living in a beautiful place (even if we can't go out much) and we have lots of friends (even if we can't see them). I was raised in Minnesota, where no matter the disaster, we always say, "Well, it could be worse..."

I am this close to giving up entirely on "homeschooling." Zari is more or less autonomous, except she uses my laptop almost all day and thus I can't get any work done. But the other 3 kids...I spent all morning trying to get them to do some school work. And they did maybe 20 minutes of work. Maybe. Despite me asking nicely, and asking not-so-nicely, and asking again, and herding them to the table, and sitting with them.

They just want to play.

And honestly? I'd be happy to have them play and to just let go of school work entirely. I do NOT want to be their teacher and worse, they don't treat me like a teacher. It's the worst possible combination.

On a more fun note, we like to fly paper airplanes into our neighbor's windows and catch the airplanes they send our way (they have two young kids plus a teenager). On a calm day we probably average more than 50% landing in their apartment, but today was quite windy. A good dozen airplanes are now lodged in other neighbors' shutters and windowsills!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...