Sunday, April 19, 2020

French quarantine day 31

7,209 steps

Rain all day. The kids never left the house at all. Eric and I still took our evening walk.

Oh yes, I almost forgot: it was my birthday. I am 🐬 years old (so long and thanks for all the fish!).


I wanted to make a coronavirus cake, but alas...quarantine baking means I had none of the right supplies. I also ran out of almond extract and had to substitute vanilla instead. Like Ivy's cake, mine was decorated solely with white frosting. Still delicious despite the missing almond flavor.


And of course we didn't have enough candles so instead we used a leftover one. If you are clever, you can figure out my age!


The kids were busy all day making me birthday presents. Dio made a ring out of sea glass and tinfoil and a necklace out of twine, sea glass, and paperclips. Inga made all sorts of things out of paper, while Ivy gave me a bracelet and a tiny glass jar full of sparkly things (both from her treasure box).





Also a random video of Inga, in which her braids become reins...how does she think this stuff up?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...