Friday, April 03, 2020

French quarantine day 15

7,853 steps

I'm still feeling melancholy but at least the day went more smoothly. I told the kids last night: "school" starts at 9:30 am with everyone dressed, hair & teeth brushed, and beds made. They were all ready on time.

I set out their various papers and books and then let them work on their own. I didn't tell them how much they had to do. If they finished before lunch, they could read or watch something in French.

I made Ivy a sling for her stuffed animals and dolls. I'd like to make some face masks when/if I can get supplies.


I love this photo of Inga reading Harry Potter (book #4) with noise-canceling headphones. That's life in a small apartment with 6 people.


Other news: Zari broke our daybed (the red couch you see Inga on). There's a big piece of fiberboard underneath the cushion with just one middle support. Zari sat down on the daybed rather energetically and boom! The fiberboard broke in half. We rigged a temporary support for the broken board as we can't go out to replace it until the quarantine ends.

1 comment:

  1. Depending on what kind of masks you have in mind, I thought I'd share this link; my friend's daughter made this tutorial for making masks with limited supplies, fabric (and thread), so we have been making them, both to wear at the grocery store and to give to medical providers to wear over their N95 masks to help preserve them.
    https://sites.google.com/view/amys-how-tos/home

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...