Wednesday, April 22, 2020

French quarantine day 34

10,610 steps

I took Zari running today. Oh the drama. She didn't want to go and it took an hour to drag out the door. We did a few sets of sprints until she pulled her hamstring. So I gave her a choice: do more sprints, or jog the rest of the way home.

She chose to jog. And she kept stopping. "I can't do this, I just can't!" I had to coach, cajole, and encourage her the whole time. Finally, I just forced her to keep running. I felt like a doula! Well, as a doula I'm a lot less bossy than I am as a coach :)

This was me the whole way home: I know it's hard. I've been there. You can do this! Instead of saying, "I can't," how about saying "This is hard, this sucks, but I'm going to power through it."

But she was proud of herself afterwards.

My camcorder power cord arrived, so I can finally start recording breech workshop sessions for our online course!

We made a musical instrument out of water bottles.


I'm going to make salmon fennel soup tomorrow. Would anyone like the recipe? And what are you all planning for dinner?

1 comment:

  1. Dinner last night was homemade tacos, dinner tonight is homemade biscuits, scrambled eggs, and bacon. I'm trying to do one day on, one day off with cooking (on the off days kids can have leftovers, macaroni and cheese, or chicken nuggets) because it's a lot of cooking (dinners wouldn't be so hard if I wasn't also trying to bake break, bake treats, etc). I think we'll be quarantined through the end of May (California), so once I've completed my work, I'm going to alternate recipes we like with new recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...