Thursday, January 11, 2024

Cousin science lesson

It's my nephew's last day visiting us before he has to go back to the US for university. He's studying to be a paleontologist and he loves talking about science. He and Ivy had a big discussion tonight and she learned all sorts of stuff about biological evolution, various extinction periods, etc. Her mind was blown.


He and Zari and my mom went out to lunch at our neighbor's restaurant, Chez Palmyre (highly recommended if you are ever in Nice!). The 3-course menu is 20 Euros, lunch or dinner. I translate the menus into English so I get a sneak peek every few weeks as the menu changes frequently.

My dad and I made some good progress in the shower area. We got all of the electrical issues sorted out and now all connections will be accessible via the kitchen side of the wall. Before, they were completely hidden and inaccessible. We also started framing the wall on the long side of the shower, taking great pains to ensure it was square and level. (Nothing in this building is after 600+ years!)

Inga was still sick this morning and looking pretty awful. It was an easy decision to keep her out of school. She has a fever again and a bad cough and is really lethargic. She's currently taking a hot bath and I hope she will get some good rest tonight. She's been coughing so much that her sleep has been fitful.

I had an anesthesiology consultation today in preparating for getting my varicose veins removed next week. It will be local anesthesia (lidocaine) plus light IV sedation. I've had these varicose veins since I was pregnant with Dio. I got them removed on one leg after Ivy's birth but at that time the doctor didn't want to do the other leg. Finally they are coming out! They ache a lot, especially after weightlifting. It was a nice day out, so I walked 6.6 kms to and from the appointment, which was inside Lenval hospital.

We made a very French dinner for my nephew: salad, French onion soup, La Laitière yougurts, and Crème brûlée.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...