Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Sick, twice to the doctor

Well I took two trips to the doctor's but neither were for my own illness. Visit #1 was the pre-op visit to mark my varicose veins. Visit #2 was Inga's followup visit to discuss her x-ray. She doesn't have pneumonia, so it's just a severe case of bronchitis and something in her lower left lung. Inga's doing much better so I think she'll be back to normal in a few more days.

I'm feeling worse and worse. But I didn't really have an opportunity to rest today--just too many things going on. I did a lot of computer work, so it wasn't super physical. But still, serious mental concentration.

I get forced rest tomorrow during my varicose vein operation! It will be local anesthesia with light sedation and I can't do anything but lie down.

My dad has been refinishing our table & chairs downstairs. The original finish is so fragile that a single drop of water mars it. I want this set to last for a long time, so we're first doing a good cleanup and de-wax treatment (just in case), then applying a water-based poly so the wood is well-protected.

He also rewired some antique lights that we had given up on since they were fritzing and causing the circuit breaker to turn off every time. They are now fully functional! He is amazing.

And my mom has been so helpful, too, taking care of all grocery shopping and many meals. We're trying not to take advantage of her too much and still do some cooking...but on days like today, it was great to have her prepare dinner. It was Dio's favorite: salmon fennel soup, plus a raw broccoli & cabbage salad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...