Saturday, January 06, 2024

Run, hike, listen, applaud

Great day today! I started off with a run, appreciating the sun after yesterday's rain.

Inga was still feeling a bit sick, so she chose not to play in the game but to just go with Eric and watch. The rest of us headed off after lunch to meet a friend for a hike around Cap Ferrat. When we arrived at Plage Passable, we found that the trail was completely closed on that end! We did the loop in reverse but had to get off the loop about 2/3 of the way and finish the rest on a road.


Although we missed the most beautiful part of the hike--the side with all of the cliffs and vegetation--it was still an amazing afternoon. I can't believe that we get to do these things in the winter and in such amazing weather!

We all gathered back together for dinner (Eric's turn: pizza and green beans). Then everyone but Inga went to the opera house for a Robert Schumann piano concerto and Victor Berlioz symphony. It was outstanding. We were up on the very top floor in the nosebleed section. We had to lean over the railing to be able to see the stage.




We are going to be so cultured! I'm glad my mom is here because she's always getting us to go to things like this, which I realize I miss doing.

This afternoon I finally laid my old wallet to rest. Eric found it on the bottom of the sea many years ago. But with my recent Christmas present being a new leather wallet, it was time to part ways.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...