Thursday, January 04, 2024

Grandparents!

My mom and dad arrived today. They'll be here for almost 3 months. My dad is already chomping at the bit to start working on a project.

I didn't get out much today, just errands (5,000 steps) to a few grocery stores in the afternoon. I went to get a copy of a key made, and the locksmith said, "Sorry, that key blank is not even available yet. It's too new." (I bought it at least 7-8 months ago!). I have NEVER heard of this before.

Dio had a friendly game with a new soccer team has has been interested in joining. He was really stressed about it upon arrival, but he played well and really liked his coach and teammates. He's going to go with this team, rather than the one from last year. This new team isn't as good but much better for Dio's mental health and general positivity about continuing soccer.

I had a meeting with two bachelor of midwifery students in Switzerland whose bachelor's thesis I am overseeing. It's fun to be on the "professor" end of things because it doesn't feel like all that long ago I was still on the "student" end. I suppose that doing 12 1/2 years of university will do that to a person!

It was my turn to make dinner: coleslaw and spicy crab sushi. I also pulled out some leftover bean salad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...