Friday, January 12, 2024

Is it pneumonia? bronchitis?

Inga has been sick for 9 days now and not looking improved. She missed school again today. We finally decided to bring her to a doctor to rule out something more serious, such as pneumonia or bronchitis. Alhtough our normal family doctor didn't have any openings, I was able to find another one this afternoon just few minute's walk away.

And yes, Inga definitely has something conderning going on. From the sound of her lungs, it's either pneumonia or bronchitis. She's started on antibiotics (the first time in her life, I think!) as well as priobiotics and is going in for an x-ray on Monday, then a followup visit with the doctor to re-evaluate.

Inga said it was like the doctor was a detective. After listening to Inga's chest and back with a stethostcope, she asked Inga, "Do you by any chance have pain in your lower left side?" Inga said, "Actually, yes, I do!" That's where she was hearing something concerning.

We finished framing in the one shower wall and are now at a standstill until the plumber can come (the earliest would be in about 10 days). We *could* do the plumbing ourselves but there's a tricky issue with the drain and I'd really like to have a plumber advise on it. So I think we'll wait and focus on other things in the meantime.

We tested 4 antique lights for the bedroom in Le Chateau, and they all work. So then we polished them up with a mixture of vinegar, salt, and flour. It turned the dark, dull metal back into shiny bronze! I'm going to spray them with a clear lacquer to keep the finish from tarnishing again.

What else? I went running this morning and ran errands to the big Carrefour this evening, which gave me over 15,000 steps. Pretty typical day activity-wise. We had time this evening to watch two episodes of Wheel of Time.

My nephew left this morning. He had enough time to say goodbye to everyone before the kids left for school. My mom made French toast for breakfast, which the kids loved. If I have ever made it (possible but even I cannot be sure), they have no memory of it. It's funny, here in France it's called "pain perdu" (lost bread).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...