Monday, January 01, 2024

New Year's Day

I started off by going on a run first thing. I tried to get one of the kids to go with me, but no one wanted to. I can't imagine why not!

It was overcast most of the day, with the sun breaking through right before sunset. I donned my work clothes and demolished our shower. Ahhh, memories of all of the renovating we've done over the past few years. My mid-day we had it all diassembled. The pieces are in the hallway, awaiting dropoff at the dechetterie tomorrow.


After lunch I had some additional demolition and cleanup to do around the plumbing, and wallpaper to tear off the wall where we'll be tiling. It feels weird to have the shower gone.

There are some bizzarre plumbing things going on and I might just call our plumber who did Le Chateau and Le Catamaran. I could probably figure it out myself, but he would be faster and probably have better ideas of what we need done. (It's funny that I feel like I need to apologize for hiring a skilled professional!)

Zari and Ivy went with my nephew to the Negresco hotel and some fun time on the beach, while I was finishing up.

We all went out mid-afternoon for a hike to Escaliers de Verre / Fort Alban. We haven't been there for a few years now. It's so much faster now that our kids aren't 1-7 years old!

We watched the first two episodes of "Cunk On Earth." Hilarious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...