Tuesday, January 02, 2024

More shopping, some soccer

We had a morning trip to the déchetterie (goodbye old shower!), then Leroy Merlin, then looking at a door via Leboncoin (turned out to be in terrible condition--why don't people post better pictures?!?), then to the Leroy Merlin pickup warehouse, then home.

While the kids were helping us carry down all the old shower parts, Zari bumped one of the tempered glass panels and it completely shattered. She was covered head to toe in glass fragments, standing there wide-eyed. I told her not to move and ran to get a broom. It's amazing how strong yet how fragile tempered glass can be! When Eric and I were throwing the rest of the glass pieces into the dumpster, we couldn't get any of them to break!

The kids also helped us carry everything upstairs, except for the shower base (still in the hallway...need to get 2 people for that one). We all had lunch and then Ivy, Inga, and Dio had soccer practice with Coach Papa. Dio was supposed to go to his team's practice but had a moment of stress and we couldn't convince him to go, even though he really enjoyed it last time.

Zari went with my nephew to a little natural history museum, a pastry store, and good conversation on the beach. I stayed home to catch up on some work.

I ran a quick errand to pick up some special-ordered food ingredients (steel cut oats, maple syrup) and some curry paste from the Asian food store. Dinner was Panang curry with chicken, sweet potatoes, potatoes, onions, and zucchini, served over a triple brown rice blend. The kids adored the rice: "This is so delicious! I love it! It has so much flavor." Whatever the 3 varieties are, they are great. I didn't do anything other than cook the rice with some salt.

We played card games this evening. Well, I had lots of work to catch up on, so I sat at the table and enjoyed the commotion around me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...