Tuesday, May 26, 2020

French déconfinement day 16

8,344 steps

Dio's teacher was gone today, so he and Zari were home all day with me. I worked in the morning and took them out for some fun after lunch.

We "surfed" down the Paillon river where it empties into the ocean. There was a swift, narrow channel of cold water that swept us out to sea. The kids are so easily amused. Dio got really upset when we had to go home.


Eric went spearfishing in the morning and was so caught up in the amazing conditions that he was an hour late coming home. I was planning his funeral during that last hour...I like eating the fish but I hate the worry that spearfishing brings to me!

Eric took the 3 youngest kids for a second swim once school got out. Zari and I stayed home to prepare dinner.

Zari came to us at bedtime and said she was feeling stressed. She just heard that school is starting up again next week, and she's nervous. (Never mind that she has top grades in just about every class.) Eric had a good talk with her, while I sat on her other side in solidarity while also sending emails. Go multitasking.

France is doing well with its covid-19 numbers. We had 98 deaths today. Yesterday we had just 35 deaths and around 150 new cases, and 43 deaths 2 days ago. There's some variation from day to day, but wee're on a clear downward trajectory with both deaths and new infections. I wonder if it will change after a few more weeks of déconfinement?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...