Wednesday, March 01, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 630: Chèvre chaud

Today was a quiet morning. Zari was the only one with an early class. I woke up at 7 (not on purpose) but stayed in bed reading until about 8.

I took my dad and Ivy to the consignment store in town to look for fun ideas for Inga's birthday. We found something, to be revealed tomorrow. I had a few other errands to run. By time I got home, I only had about an hour to help out with renovations (painting).

I had to run to the home improvement store after I dropped Dio off at soccer--paint, masking tape, wood filler, shower & bathroom faucets.

While most of us were at soccer, Ivy kept my dad entertained in the Communist apartment while he painted the walls.

Yesterday Ivy had "toast au brie" for the appetizer at school lunch (toasted bread with melted brie & herbs). She kept talking about it today, marveling at how so many of her classmates threw it away without even trying it. She was determined to make it for dinner tonight. She didn't know what kind of cheese it was--she guessed goat cheese--so we made chèvre chaud for tonight's appetizer. It's funny the little things that are so big in her world. I think she told me and my dad that story about 5 times today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...