Thursday, March 02, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 631: Happy 12th birthday Inga!!!

How does it seem like Inga was just born, yet also feel so long ago that it's almost dreamlike to remember that day?

Ivy and Inga were up at 7 am sharp, ready to open presents. Once all the kids were awake, we enjoyed watching Inga discover her gifts: a pair of dress shoes, a beading set from my parents, a glass fountain pen and dark green ink from Ivy, and a quiver for her archery set that I made.


(Recognize the fabrics? They come from the upholstery that we did in Le Catamaran!)


For dinner, Eric prepared a big salad, broccoli, roast chicken with mustard sauce over rice, and a selection of cheeses. Since we were busy working all day, he and Dio chose a birthday cake at Lac, a local patisserie with amazing cakes and pastries.


We watched lots of old videos, starting with Inga's 6th birthday party and working backwards to our first year in France in 2014. I can't believe how cute and little our kids were!

Ivy's school celebrated Carnaval today. I got her hair all fancy before school, and several of her friends helped her put on makeup. She loves dressing up and celebrating any occasion. I'm so glad her costume from last year still fits!


Dio was goofing off today and it reminded me of the weird ghost characters in Spirited Away.


We had a huge work day, too. My dad and I laid about 3/4 of the flooring on the mezzanine. It looks fantastic and I am very proud of how closely we fitted everything. I estimate we'll finish laying everything by noon tomorrow. That means we can rent the sander on Monday and start applying finish by Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning!!! While my dad and I were laying flooring, Eric finished all of the painting on the walls and ceiling. Another huge task to check off the list!






I have some videos from Inga's birthday but it's already very late. Maybe tomorrow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...