Thursday, March 30, 2023

Wroclaw, Day 1: In transit

Thursday, March 30, 2023 I left before 8 am to catch a flight to Frankfurt and then to Wroclaw, Poland. Leaving my family always makes me apprehensive--what if something bad happens while I'm away? I suppose that's part of the package deal of being a parent.

I haven't sat still for a very long time until today, where I had enforced sitting for long periods of time. As a result, I kept falling asleep during the flights! I was reading a book but even that couldn't keep me awake. Then starting tomorrow I'll have three very intense days.

I arrived to my airbnb around 4 pm. I hadn't eaten anything all day. Once I got settled, I headed out to a nearby corner grocery store and bought food: salads, sandwiches, pierogi, meat, cheese, and bread. After my lunch/dinner meal, I took a walk around the Old Town before nightfall.

I'm sharing an apartment with Paul Golden, a UK-trained midwife and human rights activist currently residing in Slovenia. He and another midwife from Spain are coming to help as my assistants. He got in late this evening and we had a good chat until we realized how late it was!

I was able to video chat with everyone back home before bedtime. Eric's going to have a busy weekend with all of the soccer games and other activities. Zari has her big knee appointment tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...