Tuesday, March 14, 2023

French apartment renovations, Days 642: Grand Rounds and Door Deconstruction

I did Grand Rounds for the University of Colorado's midwifery department (virtually). When I wasn't doing that, I was helping my dad get the flooring started on the lower level. We laid two rows around the step-down into the kitchen and made it perfectly square and straight by using lasers and the Pythagorean Theorem.


We had this old wooden door that we were going to give away but my mom had an idea to re-use it and turn it into a tall, narrow fixed pane door with privacy glass (which we needed upstairs in the bathroom). So we cut, measured, and sawed and now we have two small panes that will assemble today. I hope it works.


Eric picked up the table and chairs today. We're putting them up on the mezzanine for now until we install and finish the lower level.

Eric, Dio, and Inga left at 5 pm for his soccer training and they were stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours! They finally gave up and turned around. Apparently the entire artery going north out of Nice was closed. He's never seen anything like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...