Sunday, March 19, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 648: Nissa la Bella!

Ivy's school principal won tickets to the OGC Nice game today and wondered if our family would like some. Yes of course!

At the last minute, Dio backed out, citing too much homework. We begged and pleaded with him to come but he said no. (In retrospect, he was almost going to come and I wish we'd pushed just a little bit harder. It was great fun!) My mom stayed home with him.


We had amazing seats on the 3rd and 4th rows in the middle of the field. I had the foresight to bring several pairs of earplugs. The game was fun and ended up tied 1-1. We had a raucous crowd, with people behind us yelling curse words at the referee. My dad quite enjoyed the cultural experience of a professional soccer game.



We had a brief scare when we couldn't find Ivy and Inga after the game ended. Turns out they'd gone down a few steps into a crowd of people hoping to get a jersey. But we couldn't see them there, so we thought they'd gone up the steps and out of the stadium.

I woke up some time in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. So when everyone else got up this morning, I told Eric that I wasn't getting out of bed. I dozed while they got ready and left the house. Then I had about an hour and a half to myself in a quiet house before I had to meet up with everyone.

Zari is working on a big oral presentation for her géopolitique class about May 1968 and the media. She has it 98% written and now needs to memorize it and get it at exactly 5:00 long.

Eric and I went on a walk this evening and found a good parking space when we first left the house. Bonus!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...