Thursday, March 09, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 638: Ne pas taguer

We erased the last remnant of the Communist apartment inside the built-in closet in the living room. It had the phrase "Ne pas taguer" (do not tag) spray-painted across the inside wall.


I skim coated the wall two days ago. Eric sanded it today and now it's awaiting its final coat of paint.

Eric left this morning after helping out for a few hours. Today was lots of painting and measuring and figuring things out--primarily the layout for the downstairs flooring. We have everything marked, measured, and ready to go.

I got to bed late and woke up way too early. I joked with Eric, "Now that you're leaving I can actually get enough sleep for a few nights!" His internal bedtime is a good 60-90 minutes past mine...but in our small apartment, and with our bedroom windows overlooking the living room, I can't really go to bed until he does. Which means I stay up later than I'd like most nights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...