Monday, April 17, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 666: Waiting in purgatory

Today was largely dedicated to two big shopping trips: Leroy Merlin (home improvement store) and Ikea.

I had to get some big pieces of plywood cut, and that alone took an hour waiting in line. I was only 4th in line, but there was just one person at the cutting desk. He was in charge of taking the orders, calculating the price, entering them into the computer, disappearing somewhere into the nether regions of the store to cut the wood, and then coming back with the cut pieces. So each person took about 15 minutes to serve.

I also had various items to hunt down in the store, some of which I wasn't able to find.

Then I had to go to Ikea to return some items and buy others. I had to wait in several different lines. I even bought some Ikea food during one on my waits!

We had to re-set the bottom cupboards to have them make a perfect square along the "L." It helped to have the big plywood pieces as a reference point.


The plywood will be a temporary countertop since the ones we're ordering may take 4-6 weeks. I'm going to put the floor finish on the counters and it should work nicely. Then we will attach the new countertops (probably granite or quartz) right on top of the plywood! It's the best way to install stone counters--much more stable than just placing the stone right on top of the cupboards.

I had a number of breech-related things going on today, too. I can't get everything done that I want to, and my to-do list grows more quickly than it shrinks. I've also been neglecting my fitness the past few months. I enjoy everything I'm doing--I just wish I could feel like I'm "done" with something!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...