Saturday, April 15, 2023

French apartment renovations, Days 663-664

Yesterday was super busy getting cupboards installed and catching up on emails. 


Today was a soccer marathon, especially for Eric and Ivy. She had an all-day tournament in Nice. Eric went for the first half of the day, and I switched off at lunchtime, bringing Inga with me and handing the car off to Eric for Inga's game in Mouans-Sartoux.

The forecast said it would be very nice, so I dressed in a light jacket. Ivy and I basked in the full sun (between her games) and I even took off my jacket.

Then dark clouds rolled in...a half hour later, the rain started. And kept going and going...Ivy's team played 3 more games in the rain. We parents were huddling under whatever shelter we could fine.

Meanwhile Inga's game got so much hail that the field turned white and they had to stop playing for a while.

I was NOT dressed for the weather and was hugging myself and jumping up and down to stay warm.

We got home around 4:30 pm, very cold and wet. I took a hot shower and still couldn't warm up. I finally took a third shower late tonight and feel ok now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...