Wednesday, April 19, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 668: 45!

My birthday falls on ignominious dates (the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing), historically significant dates (American Revolution begins in Lexington, MA in 1775 with the "shot heard round the world"), and quirky dates (Bicycle Day 1943, when chemist Albert Hofmann tested LSD for the first time).

My day was mundane in comparison. I split my time between breech tasks and home renovations--as usual. However, I did get all fancy for two hours so Eric and I could go out for lunch. We tried a new restaurant and it was underwhelming. Basic flavors but not much more.



Our cooktop and mezzanine railing arrived today. We attached the countertops to the base cabinets and got the pantry wall in place (a small closet to the left of the fridge). We did more painting and cleanup with Zari and Dio's help.

I ran 5.6 km of errands this morning on foot: two paint stores and then the antique consignment store. I found 3 mirrors for the apartment that will be delivered with the couch tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...