Thursday, November 30, 2023

Best airplane ever

I had a thought today: "Hmmm, I'd really like to hang up some room-darkening curtains in our bedroom." This led me down a slippery slope: well, I should really put up the new curtain rods that I bought years ago...but to put the curtain rods up, I should repaint the window frame because I don't want to take the curtain rods down again to repaint later...but I can't just repaint, I have to scrape all the loose paint off and then prime the bare spots."


I fell down that rabbit hole but by the end of the day, it's all repaired, painted, cleaned up, and new curtain rods up. I still don't actually have the any curtains--those are on order! But I am *ready* for new curtains.

Other news today: my morning started off VERY early with a Grand Rounds presentation for VCU Medical Center in Richmond. I did a short overview of the evidence on term breech (a 25-minute verison of what often is a 60-90 minute lecture) and then the last half of the hour was a presenation about physiological breech birth, illustrated with several videos. Good Q&A afterwards, too.

Inga came in several times during my lecture, frantic because she had forgotten to print off the written part of her presentation about airplanes. I kept gesturing to her that I couldn't help her. At one point she held up a sign, but I couldn't stop the meeting. She finally went to school feeling a bit panicked. But never fear! I emailed her teacher and brought the printed copies to school shortly thereafter.

Inga was super excited that her airplane projects were voted "Best Airplane Ever" by her classmates. She did two airplanes even though the assignment only called for one. This is what we were working on late last night.


Inga's friend was in a community theater production of "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." I took her to see it tonight. I'm a bit ashamed to say that this was the first time I had ever been inside our local theater in the 15+ years we have lived here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...