Friday, November 24, 2023

Mini meals and a bedspread 11 years in the making

I am thrilled to announce that I finally finished Ivy's bedspread. It only took me 11 years! I dyed it when I was pregnant with Ivy. I turned some of the dyed fabric into ombre linen ring slings but the rest sat for years.



I had originally planned to embellish each 18" square of fabric with a sort of rosette in the middle and place pleats around each edge. But I was never able to get it to look right. I finally came up with the idea of sewing parallel lines of pleats to give the cover some extra texture.

The bedspread is more turquoise/aqua than it looks in the photos. The pillowcases are the palest shade of turquoise.

Inga cooked a miniature meal for Dolly. She handmade the noodles and the minature buns. The menu was: mini buns with butter, mini turkey burger, mini ramen, mini pesto pasta, mini cake & mini pumpkin pie. So clever.








Dio and Eric went to a sports store to try on shoes. Dio's feet have grown again! He found a pair of shoes online that he's begging to have. "They're on sale! But only today!" I said I'd think about it for an early Christmas present. They are Air Jordans and I am certain Dio wants them due to watching Lupin, where the main character has multiple pairs of Air Jordans in every color.

Granted, shoes are a useful present--they'll get worn every day. So I'm not 100% opposed.

Dio had to carve a pumpkin for biology class. He made a tree with a swing.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...