Saturday, November 25, 2023

Soccer and cisterns

Another big soccer day. Eric took Ivy and Inga to two indoor games this morning. He came back and an hour later, I took Dio to two indoor games while Eric and the other kids went to a community festival at the university. Eric sold some of his books and then went out to eat with a few other authors.

I did more sewing and now Ivy has two sets of linen pillowcases, one with pleats and the other without.

Dio, Zari, and I watched The Truman Show. I saw it when it first came out, and it was fun to revisit that movie after so many years.

I had a meeting this morning with a local brick mason. I have several little masonry projects on a few properties and was thrilled to find someone who could do them. I probably could but I don't have enough time!

One of them is to redo the cistern lids on a few of the properties. We opened up our own cistern and it is HUGE. It may very well take up half of our back yard. It's still functional (our gutters drain into underground drain pipes that lead into the cistern). In fact, our home water supply used to be via the cistern; we still have the original pump that brought the water in, but the pump is now disconnected from the indoor plumbing.

So interesting how these things used to function. It would be fun to hook up a sump pump and use it for garden irrigation. Not like we really need to water things here in humid, wet Indiana! But some years we do have relative droughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...