Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Still sick

I've been under the weather still and was just too tired to write in my journal the last few nights. I was feeling on the mend, but then it got worse again. It's nothing that I can really point to other than a general malaise, fatigue, and occasional body aches. I'm able to work if I'm sitting down at my desk, but anything else wears me out. 

But...I tested myself and it's not Covid. Phew.

Inga missed both days of school this week. But she seems recovered today.

Eric brought all the kids grocery shopping for Thanksgiving. "We spent under $300...barely!" Zari announced when they came home. Eek!

Prepped today:
  • sourdough is folded and rising
  • crème brûlée is cooked and cooling in the fridge
  • turkey is thawing
  • browned butter is prepared, ready to turn into browned butter butternut squash cake with browned butter cream cheese frosting (we may not eat this for Thanksgiving since we have 2 other desserts already!)
  • drinks are outside cooling off

The kids are in charge of 1) cleaning the house and then 2) helping cook. 

The turkey has to be in the oven by 9 am, then we'll work on mashed potatoes, cornbread, stuffing, sourdough rolls, green beans, brussels sprouts, and a salad.

Today I heard Ivy and Inga giggling in the upstairs hallway. Here's what I found on my phone...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...