Sunday, November 05, 2023

Inga and Dio had early starts this morning to their respective soccer tournaments. Inga's team tied 0-0 but did not advance to the final. She and Dio came home before noon. Dio's team won so he and Eric had to go back in the afternoon for the final, which they lost 1-2.

With me and the girls home in the afternoon, I had one rule: we all had to go outside. We all started by reading books in the sun. Eventually Ivy and Inga started building a fort out of branches and Zari and I raked leaves. I love how, if the kids don't have access to electronic devices, they are forced to get bored and then get creative. We have too much screen time creeping in among all of us and it's good to have stretches of time when everyone is off.

Today I was reading "The Scarcity Brain" by Michael Easter, having just finished another book by the same author, "The Comfort Crisis."

We had "breakfast for dinner": waffles and bacon. Then one episode of Star Trek. We had a late evening Zoom, a virtual bookclub with my cousins to talk about Eric's book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...