Tuesday, June 06, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 670: Upholstery, a bit of down time

I woke up at 7 am, asked Eric to get the kids up, and went back to sleep. It's so unusual that I can do this. Once I wake up, that's generally it. I dozed on and off until 8:45 am!

I have a bit of breathing room after finishing several large breech-related projects. I always have more things on my to-do list, but at least I feel like I can take some time for other things.

I took a quick trip to the beach this afternoon for 15-20 minutes of sun and then a 5-minutes swim. I had to hurry back because Inga was getting out of school. Turns out she wanted to go to a friend's house but I didn't know that head of time.

I've been working on and off on the first upholstery project--one of the big daybed cushions. I got it done today and it fit! It was a bit of a surprise whether or not it would, since I had to guess how much to subtract given the one-day stretch of the fabric. It is very snug, which is what I was hoping for. I also sewed two decorative pillow covers. Now I have the two back cushions to upholster and that first couch/daybed will be done!

Inga has been studying for a big history/geography test about ancient Rome. Zari helped her this evening, and I enjoyed seeing Zari being patient and encouraging with Inga.

Dinner was purple risotto (flavored with radicchio, onions, red wine, pork sausage, & Parmesan cheese) and green beans. Dio went to the store and bought Magnum ice cream bars for dessert. I enjoy being able to send the kids to the store. I figure if they want dessert badly enough, then they can go get it !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...