Saturday, June 24, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 684: Water sports and soccer

Ivy and Eric left early in the morning for an all-day soccer tournament. Dio, Zari, and Inga headed out an hour later to play at AquaPark. It's a set of giant inflatable obstacle courses set directly in the harbor at Saint-Laurent-du-Var. We went there last year as a family.

The group of families and teenagers that the kids were with decided to stop at McDonald's (of all places???) for lunch. The three of them came home mid-afternoon, tired and happy and sunburned.

Ivy's team won 2nd place, defeating OGC Nice in the semifinal and losing 1-2 to FC Lyon in the final. They got home around 17:00.

Meanwhile during my quiet day alone, I went running, met the piano mover guy, and then painted quarter rounds.

We put on a fun movie for the kids (Warm Bodies) and enjoyed some down time.

After dinner, Eric and I went to the beach to swim and cool off.

I started reading La Fille Sans Nom, a young adult novel that Zari got several years ago. I've never read for pleasure in French before. I'm about 80 pages in and enjoying it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...