Sunday, June 04, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 698: Beach, Mother's Day

We enjoyed the slower pace today. We proposed a quick trip to the beach but only Ivy wanted to come with. I sunned myself for just long enough without burning, swam for just long enough without tiring, and napped just long enough without really sleeping.

It's Mother's Day here, which I had no idea of until this morning. As usual, I'd rather have 365 days of action than 1 day of lip service.

Ivy helped me make hazelnut macaroons. Then dinner was a South African curry using leaf masala (recipe from my walking tour guide in Bo-Kaap). It was very good. I'll probably add more heat next time.

I did several hours of work on a EMT/paramedic course. I'm close to being done now! Just a bit more perfecting my slides and then I can encode the video.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...